Immunisation catch up clinics in Kent and Medway for February half term 2020
A series of catch up clinics for children who have missed an immunisation, including this winter's seasonal flu vaccination, will be running across Kent and Medway during half term.
The sessions are organised by the Kent and Medway School and Community Immunisation Service.
The team of professionals is responsible for delivering the national immunisation programme to school aged children (including those who may be home schooled and others not in school).
It offers vaccinations to protect pupils against flu, HPV, meningococcal disease strains A, C, W and Y (MenACWY) and diphtheria tetanus and polio.
The teams also oversee catch up clinics for any child or young person, aged up to 19 years old, who are not up to date with their routine childhood immunisations. The full list for which can be found by clicking here.
As a result of the upcoming week-long school holiday, a number of immunisation catch-up clinics are being held across the county.
If a parent suspects their child has missed an immunisation in school, is home educated or needs to catch up with their immunisations for any reason, they can come along to one of the community clinics.
To book families need to contact the immunisation hub in advance on 0300 123 5205.
Two clinics in Maidstone and Sheerness are already fully booked but others are taking place on the dates and in the locations below:
- Monday, February 17, The Willow Centre Ashford
- Monday, February 17, Magpie Centre, Medway Maritime Hospital
- Monday, February 17, Greenbanks Centre, Margate
- Tuesday, February 18, Canterbury Health Centre
- Tuesday, February 18 Deal Community Centre
- Tuesday, February 18 Little Pebbles Children's Centre, Gravesend
- Tuesday, February 18, Rochester Army Reserve Centre
- Wednesday, February 19, The Mick Jagger Centre, Dartford
- Wednesday, February 19, Dover Health Centre
- Wednesday, February 19, Grove Park Children's Centre, Sittingbourne
- Wednesday, February 19, Tonbridge Cottage Hospital
- Friday, February 21 Folkestone Early Years Children's Centre
- Friday, February 21, Little Foxes Children' Centre, Tunbridge Wells
- Friday, February 21, Dartford West Health Centre
For more information about the immunisation team, its service, and the full list of dates and times for catch up clinics please click here.